Easy Chicken Roast* Keto style
Cook time: 1 hour 15 mins@ 350 degrees Optional: blast the last 10 mins at 400-450 degrees too crisp skin, but watch the bird!!!
Finished internal temp should be greater than 180 degrees.
Let the chicken rest for 10 mins <- juices suck back into the bird and meat relaxes.
What you’ll need:
whole chicken, garlic cloves, white onion, olive oil
- Wash the chicken in the sink
- Pat the chicken dry
- Set Oven to 350 degrees
- Optional: remove the chicken breasts
- Insert onion and garlic into cavity and cut up veggies if you want em
- Optional pull up the skin in the breast and put lumps of butter with herbs in. Or just butter if you’re lazy
- Cover the bird in olive oil using your hands to massage and spread
- Insert bird into oven
- Pull out and check internal temperature after an hour
- Put all your spices or salt and pepper on
- Remove onion slices (if done)
- Put chicken back in if not cooked
- Check every 15 mins
- Let chicken rest
What to know:
the oil is there to protect the meat and juices from the heat and doesn’t play nice with water.
Wash your hands frequently when dealing with raw chicken.
Basting the chicken is just wasting time.(feel free though)
season the chicken past 40 mins into the cook time.
Thaw chicken in cold water
Timeline: Allow approximately 30 minutes for every pound of chicken.
A 5-pound bird will take about 2.5 hours to thaw completely.
Chicken lasts up to 2 days in the fridge before cooking.